A Mining company in Western Australia was looking at ways to save on their diesel spend . Super Smart Energy were engaged to review/identify a solution to support their corporate goals. Due to the remoteness of the camp and the very high diesel prices, numerous power generating solutions were to be considered.
A study was completed to ascertain if a solar/ battery / diesel hybrid solution would be cost effective compared to a diesel only solution.
• 450-person camp
• All amenities such as gym, dry/wet mess, admin and mangers building, laundry, training room, pool area, ice room, landscaping, lounge/game area etc…
• Region D cyclone, Cat 2-4.
A 3MW solar asset was designed to capture most of the daytime load on the diesel generators during the day.
A Solar, Battery & Diesel Solution will provide strong financial results for the project. Not only will the project save on diesel costs per year, the added benefits of reduced Co2 emissions and OPEX spend all help to confirm the need for a Solar, Battery & Diesel Solution. The estimated savings for a Solar, Battery & Diesel Solution are $15,000,000 over 10 years and $33,000,000 over 20 years.
Ready to find out more?
- The benefits of a lean & clean mining industry: A conversation with Adam Gangemi from Super Smart Energy
- Copper miner saves US$2,690,000 a year at no additional cost to the business
- The Digital Transformation has Arrived!
- 4 Ways to Reduce your Diesel Spend
- Will Renewable Energy be the go to Power source for Mining