Energy Substitution - Hybrid Power System
A mining company in Western Australia was looking at ways to save on their diesel spend. Super Smart Energy was engaged to review current diesel consumption and identify areas to reduce costs.
A study was completed to ascertain if a solar / battery / diesel hybrid solution would be cost effective compared to a diesel only solution.
• 450 person camp.
• All amenities such as gym, dry/wet mess, admin and manager’s building, laundry, training room, pool area, ice room, landscaping, lounge/game area etc.
• Region D cyclone, Cat 2-4.
A 3MW solar asset was designed to capture most of the daytime load on the diesel generators.
The solar / battery / diesel solution will provide strong financial results for the project. Not only will the project save on diesel costs per year, the added benefits of reduced Co2 emissions and OPEX spend confirmed the need for a solar / battery / diesel solution. The estimated savings with a solar / battery / diesel solution are $15 million over 10 years and $33 million over 20 years.
Ready to find out more?
- The benefits of a lean & clean mining industry: A conversation with Adam Gangemi from Super Smart Energy
- Copper miner saves US$2,690,000 a year at no additional cost to the business
- The Digital Transformation has Arrived!
- 4 Ways to Reduce your Diesel Spend
- Will Renewable Energy be the go to Power source for Mining