Brownfield Mining Project
Small Market cap Gold mine was looking at cost saving alternative at their off-grid mine site in Western Australia.
A pre-feasibility study was completed to ascertain if a solar diesel hybrid solution would be cost effect at the brownfield mine site.
A 1.8MW solar farm utilising the existing diesel generation to reduce the load on the diesel generators during the day.
20% renewable power penetration and a cost savings of ~$500,000 p.a on diesel cost. This didn’t including savings that would be incurred due to reduced maintenance costs.
Ready to find out more?
- The benefits of a lean & clean mining industry: A conversation with Adam Gangemi from Super Smart Energy
- Copper miner saves US$2,690,000 a year at no additional cost to the business
- The Digital Transformation has Arrived!
- 4 Ways to Reduce your Diesel Spend
- Will Renewable Energy be the go to Power source for Mining